If there was a way to guarantee success in your life, would you want to know what it is?
In today’s book of the day, ‘The 10x Rule’, Grant Cardone breaks down the strategy behind his massive success.
Cardone says he owes most of his accomplishments to a concept he calls ’10x thinking’. The meaning behind it is simple.
- Multiply your initial goal by 10. (ie. if your goal is to make $100,000 then shoot for a million. Then calculate the amount of time and effort it would take to get there.
- Take 10x amounts of action to get to your goals. If you don’t quite make the 10x mark, you’d still be passed your original goal.
“It Feels better to fail on a massive goal than it does to fall short on a mediocre one”- Grant Cardone
Grant explains how the average person has a tendency to underestimate their abilities. This causes us to be less ambitious when setting and pursuing our goals.
- There is no shortage of success. Most people think success is some form of a scarce resource, that there is not enough to go around. However, there is no cap as to how much success you can create. The best part is that you don’t have to take it from anybody else. For you to win, someone else does not have to lose.
- Obsession Isn’t a Disease; It’s a gift. In order to dominate your sector, your goal, dream, or ambition, you must first dominate your every interest, thought, and consideration. Contrary to popular belief, obsession is necessary and according to Grant, it’s required. It is the only way to be 100% committed to your goals.
- Success is your duty. Stop looking at success as something that may or may not happen and start approaching it as YOUR obligation.
- Fear is the great indicator. Fear isn’t bad or something to avoid; conversely, it’s something you want to seek and embrace. Fear is actually a sign that you are doing what’s needed to move in the right direction. Fear is absent in the presence of contentment.
- Criticism is a sign of Success. This key idea is self-explanatory. As writer Elbert Hubbard said, “Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”
Although Grant Cardone is viewed as a controversial person, there is nothing controversial about his work ethic. I would recommend the ‘10x rule’ if you find yourself quitting or falling short of your goals.
This book will put you in the right frame of mind required to pursue your dreams and dominate your goals.